We made it! 2020 is done and dusted. We’ve turned over a brand-new leaf, a new year, and a new outlook. But to be honest, has anything really changed? We are still in the ever-changing landscape of navigating our lives as vaccines emerge and contagion continues. It’s tempting to give up and throw in the towel. But I see some glimmers of optimism on the horizon. And although it’s not here, it’s also not far away.
The key is to manage expectations. Life is not normal, nor will it be for a long time. But that doesn’t mean we can’t start planning for the future. Travel, although not happening presently, will be a possibility again. Now is a great time to think, dream, brainstorm on what you what to do when we are free to move about the earth again. For me, this has really helped put the perspective on the state we are in. It’s just temporary, and it helps me to get through the daily grind of staying home and isolated.
My next trip might not be for a while, but I’m already planning on it. And you should do the same! Some things to consider when planning a trip:
· Where are you traveling? Locally, nationally, internationally?
· What restrictions currently exist?
· How will you travel? Plane? Car? Train?
· How flexible is this trip? Can you postpone by a few weeks or months if necessary?
· Where will you stay? What are the current safety precautions and restrictions?
· If you book with a group, what is the cancellation policy?
· Is the enjoyment of this trip based on social gatherings or access to public spaces? Or is it purely the enjoyment of the environment and outdoors?
My advice is to pick travel that maintains some flexibility and doesn’t rely on social settings to be enjoyable. A trip that is focused on the enjoyment of the local environment and outdoor space is a much more realistic option as we begin to enjoy travel again. The more we can dream and plan and think about the future, the easier it is to hunker down and stay safe and healthy right now. #optimism #travelthreshold #thresholdexpeditions #runningexpeditions #runforfun #covidwellness #stephaniehowe